Final reminder: Raise $100 by July 31st and up your sock game!
Raise $100 this month (by July 31st) in support of Cypress Challenge, and receive a pair of limited edition socks designed by the Glotman•Simpson Cycling Club.
Every dollar you raise counts to help advance care for those facing pancreatic cancer. 100% of the funds raised at the Cypress Challenge go toward pancreatic cancer research.
Over eight years the Cypress Challenge has raised more than $1.6 million for pancreatic cancer research and this year our sights are set high on reaching $2 million!
Get ready for the climb with these upcoming workouts
What better way to prepare yourself for the Cypress Challenge climb ahead, then to train with a selection of specific workouts to improve your fitness with the direction from a coach. We encourage you to take part in these upcoming cycling classes for a guaranteed fun time.
TaGCycling indoor cycling workouts: Now through August 11
TaGCycling will be hosting workouts designed with with hill climbing in mind to improve your climbing capability. All scheduled classes from now through August 11 will be part of the TaGCycling Watts for Cancer Fundraiser. Contests and prizes for the largest watts contributions are up for grabs.
Every rider participating in classes will be contributing to the Cypress Challenge Fundraising effort. Riders are welcome to drop in for a session and make a 1-time watts contribution or participate for as much of the 6-week hill training program.
Register for a class:
- Go to tagcycling.com
- Click RIDER LOGIN/NorthVan (top right navigation bar on page)
- First time users will be required to "Sign up" and create an account
- Once you have created an account, you will be able to book classes on the schedule
- North Vancouver: #201-758 Copping Street
- Vancouver: 130 West Broadway (above MEC)
- Whistler: Whistler Mountain Ski Club (Creekside)
Cyklus Cypress Climb Spin Fundraiser: Friday, August 5
Join Cyklus for a spinning hill climb class that maps the grades of Cypress exactly!
- Date: Friday August 5th, 2016
- Location: Cyklus Vancouver (889 Expo Blvd, Vancouver)
- Time: 6 - 9 pm (Class 6:30 - 7:30 pm followed by a celebration)
- Cost: $25 donation includes registration for class, door prizes, drink(s), swag
Cadence Vancouver Spin fundraiser: Saturday, August 6
A spinning class by Natasha Lowe - We will be doing a Cypress Challenge prep class. Be prepared for lots of climbing! Anyone who presents proof of registration for this ride in studio will receive 15% off any 5, 10, 20 & 30 ride packages.
- Date: Saturday August 6th, 2016
- Location: Cadence Cycling Studio (#106 - 1529 West 6th Ave. - located in the courtyard behind Farmer's Apprentice)
- Time: 11 am - 12 pm
- Cost: $23.75 + tax to register or any valid Cadence membership. Includes registration, door prizes, VEGA goodies.
Early bird registration ends August 8th
For those that haven't registered yet, please note that individual entry for the event is by a suggested minimum early bird donation of $25 before August 8th, or a suggested minimum donation of $40 from August 8th forward.