It is shaping up to be another record year for the Annual Glotman•Simpson Cypress Challenge for Pancreatic Cancer Research. 100% of all proceeds from the event benefit the BC Cancer Foundation’s new Pancreas Centre BC. Your support goes a long way to help improve outcomes for future pancreatic cancer patients.
If you have not registered yet you have until 11 AM PDT, Friday August 15, to register online or you can register in person, per the times below.
To avoid congestion on event day, we encourage everyone to check-in early on Friday.
Event Day Check-in
Saturday, August 16, 2014
7:30am - 8:30am
Cypress Bowl Road, Gate 6, shortly after the turnoff for Mulgrave School. You can't miss it, just stay on Cypress Bowl Road.
If you have friends coming with you that have not yet registered please remind them that registration on event day ends at 8:30 AM. REGISTER HERE
CYPRESS CHALLENGE JERSEYS
For those on teams and those that raised a minimum $200, and who met the deadline of July 10 for jersey orders, you may pick these up at the Friday evening or Saturday check-in.
PARKING & ROAD CLOSURES
Parking at the base of Cypress is very limited, as such we recommend that you ride to the start location. The only parking near registration will be for event vehicles only. If you drive, here are some parking options a short drive from the event:
- Westmount Chevron Station: Park and Ride parking lot immediately west of the Westmount Chevron gas station off exit #7, about a 5 minute ride to Mulgrave along the highway.
- 1st Peak Lookout: There is lots of parking across the street from the 1st Peak Lookout, and a short 5km drive down Cypress to registration.
- 2nd Peak Lookout: Drive just a bit further up Cypress to the 2nd peak to park.
- Hollyburn Cross Country area: Park just past the finish line at the Hollyburn Cross Country area and warm up for the ride with a 12km downhill ride.
The highway entrance to Cypress Bowl Road will be closed from 8:40 - 9:20 AM to allow riders time to set off and clear the start area. If you have friends or family driving up the mountain please encourage them to leave plenty of time to make the road closure.
8:45 AM: 1st Peak Lookout Riders
9 AM: Full Peak Riders
The start will be a self-seeded neutral roll-out. Please seed appropriately for the safety of all riders.
- Under 45 minutes
- 45-60 minutes
- Over 60 minutes
RULES OF THE ROAD
While you pedal to your personal best time remember this is not a race. A few items to keep in mind to ensure everyone has a great day:
- It will be a neutral start, so please stay behind the lead vehicle until the two lanes become available.
- Strict Yellow Line rule will be in effect at all times. If a person crosses the yellow line, they will be automatically disqualified, and will not have their name or time posted.
- Riders have only one lane available and must keep to the right at all times.
- Full Peak Riders may catch some 1st Peak Lookout Riders, please be courteous and provide these riders space when passing.
AFTER THE RIDE
- There is a reception after the ride just beyond the finish line (closer than last year!). We will be giving out prizes, listening to tunes, and snacking on goodies from The Taco Shack, Prima, Alkiss water, Buntain and other sponsors.
- Be sure to bring your twoonies to pick up a $2 raffle ticket and a chance to win a variety of fantastic prizes.
- Rider awards will start at approx. 10:30 AM
Thank you again for your support and we look forward to a great day on Saturday!